Exclusive Five Interview With Solid Buzz




1.(Solid Buzz) So, Five let the people know who you are and how long you have been rapping?

(Five) I'm just a fact teller, someone who calls it how he see's it and can care less who he offends while he's doing it. I've been rapping most my life but never seriously until I got out of jail. I was always nice and had a gift but I wasn't going to studio's recording anything.

2.(Solid Buzz) Who are your main influences in the rap game?

(Five) Rakim, KRS, Tupac, Scarface, B.I.G, 50, Nas, Jay-Z, Lox, a few others. I fuck with lyrical people and people I feel rhymed about the life they lived.

3.(Solid Buzz) What made you to be a more street/lyrical artist than following what everyone else in hip-hop is doing now?

(Five) I didn't have a choice, I rhyme about is what I see. To be honest I don't pay attention to what everybody else is doing, I make music based on what I feel, see, and experience.

4.(Solid Buzz) I know you are with Stone World and work with ITW Marketing, but do you have any offers on the table from any major labels?

(Five) I have a few things on the table pretty but I could never accept the same thing someone I feel is not as talented or has less momentum than me got. So in the meantime until these labels figure out what the streets and what people that live and breath hip-hop have already figured out, I'm a keep grinding.

5.(Solid Buzz) What other types of music influence you outside hip hop?

(Five) I rock with music period, Hip Hop, Jazz, Blues, Rock, etc. I'm not in a box, if the beat is hot and the lyrics have meaning then it might be it might make it to my CD changer.

6.(Solid Buzz) I have heard some music you have done with some big artists like styles p, who are a few others you are working with or would like to work with?

(Five) I've worked with Slim of 112, Sheek Louch, Rich Boy, 2 Pistols, Hell Rell and a few others, but I can't expose my entire hand homie, I have to keep a few surprise moves off the radar. I wouldn't mind working with 50, Jada, Nas, Scarface, Jay-Z, and Eminem. Whether old or new whoever I collaborate with, just pay attention to the amount of value I add to the song or project. I'm in a space right now where I'm goin all out for hip-hop.

7.(Solid Buzz) I'm sure anyone who has been following your music or is a fan knows your issue with Red Cafe and has heard your explanation, but have things cooled off?

(Five) I'm focused on the music right now and my homies in the streets and to be frank I think street shit and hip-hop shouldn't mix. It allows for the glorification of the wrong things. I'd rather street issues play out in the streets and not the music. It's too many of the wrong eyes on the rap beef. We in some rough times right now so issues between people arise from real situations that the masses may not identify with or understand, but I not one to contribute to negativity without a heartfelt reason. I will say this though, if anybody got a problem with me and want to get some something off they chest, get at me. I'm a General it's not just a term I throw out there so I not an easy problem to have...lol

8.(Solid Buzz) What are you currently listening too in your ipod?

(Five) I don't carry a ipod but I got 50 Power of the Dollar in the CD changer along with Raekwon's OBFCL 2 and that's about it.

9.(Solid Buzz) Outside of rapping what are some of your passions?

(Five) Being a father. Can't make up the time I missed while I was in prison but my daughter is my life.

10.(Solid Buzz) Where can people find out more about you and your music and what are you working on as far as projects/mix tapes?

(Five) Go to my myspace page myspace.com/itsastoneworld and I late on this twitter thing but I'm all in now so follow me at twitter.com/Fivelive. Also google my new mixtapes Big Mike and G-Spot present Five - I Am New Blood, DJ E-V and P-Cutta - Monsters vs Aliens part 1 and 2 and you know how I do with the Street Wars series so the new ones are P Cutta's Street Wars 24 and 25. My youtube channel is StoneWorldMusic (Stone World TV) so either google the mixtapes, follow me on twitter, or go to my myspace. I am a very relatable and genuine dude I respect the right of people to be themselves no matter who they are as long as it is real so go on this journey with me!

11.(Solid Buzz) And lastly I know as an artist it is sometimes hard to stay motivated to write what keeps you on your grind?

(Five) Hip hop raised me so I owe it a lot, I'm focused and done makin the same mistakes. I stay on my grind for the people on the bottom, the people hiphop forgot about, the people you see on the way to the club, the people that could care less about how many bottles you popping they just trying to survive until tomorrow. I grind for them. Everybody's playing it safe, no ones talking to US (the everyday people), so I figured I might as well be the gladiator for US! All you people wasting space in the rap game better step your game up, be genuine, and add value or I'm coming for your head! I wanna thank solidbuzz for riding with Five. I guarantee yall I am gonna be that "New Rush" in Hip-hop so thanks for the support.

FIVE "I Am New Blood" Mixtape Download

Comments