Chevy Blue Ladies of the Land Exclusive Interview

With 2009 coming to a close, there is alot of people going hard to end the year off on a big note...

Chevy: I started writing poetry at 8 and rapping at 10. When Queen Latifah was really doin her thing, I wanted to be just like her. I won my first rap trophy when I was in the 7th grade for a hip hop balck history project. And I been going strong ever scence.

SMM: Tell me about the Ladies of the Land Movement and Who is involved?

In 2008 I went to New Jersy trying to be a contestant on the "Miss Rap Supreme Show" on VH1. The audition went great and I was accepted. I was sent a contract with a recording deal attached to it. But about a week before I was supposed to leave for the taping to begin I was cut. I was crushed ! Then I was contacted by DJ Phatty Banks about a colab with 7 other female artist from Cleveland. After the concert Phatty said "Chevy thats how yahh should move". I went on that and started the Ladies Of the Land. We have girls from every city in Ohio! In Cleveland the group consist of myself, Mz Crazy Tee, Ms Moone, Mami, Neshia Nee, Lady Cha Cha, Mz Nina and Cristo Jeanette.

SMM: In Today's ego driven world of I and Me, How do the ladies seem to keep it...

We are secure with our abilities as individual artist, so we dont have that problem. Also none of us are alike lyrically. I am a gangsta rapper, Crazy Tee is pure hip hop, Mami is a crunk rapper, Mz Nina is a metaphoraholic and Neshia Nee is the sexy one out the group. With the singers Moone is neo soul, Cristo Jeanette is r&b and Cha Cha is a latin/pop artist. We blend well like 5 spice each contributing to a beautiful melody.

SMM: Whats the craziest story that the Ladies of the Land have experienced?

We had a show in Dayton Ohio and it was all crazy. They messed up our hotel (i had to pay for it) one of the mics went out during our performance, somebody hit our car and ran at the end of the night We got back to the hotel and the alarm clock came on singing the pop song "bad day" I was like what ever!!!. The next morning we learned that one of the girls had a death in the family. Then to add to it we had a perfomance that same day back in Cleveland that we ended up being 3 hours late for. But we stuck it out and still gave a awsome show.

SMM: What was the First song you ladies recorded with each other and how did it

Our first song as LOL was 50 bitches deep. It was a spin off that had to be done. It had a total of 12 verses on it and was almost 15 minutes long. I picked this song to show our unity and diversity.

SMM: Tell me going into 2010 whats the goal for Ladies of the Land?

This next year we plan to expand out of Ohio. We have girls from New York, Philly, Jersy and Chicago that will be coming to Cleveland in Feburary to perform. There are a million underground women that have yet to be heard, and by HIS grace i'll find them all! Also I will be introducing The "Land Of the Lost" the male version of L.O.L. it includes Ya Boi D , Yung Mook, Fliporachi, Mic, and other male performers from all over Ohio!!

SMM: What has the one year anniversary meant for you and the other members?

Its a full feeling of accomplishment! Thus the title "Acomplished Divas" In this past year we have gained and lost members and gained and lost friends. As artist all of has grown lyricaly and as women. The grind is hard but we stuck together to show that there is unity in hip hop. We have become like a sority a band of sisters together for 1 cause and thats to tell the world our story.

SMM: Any last words or shout outs?

YES!! Shout out to all the female Mc's!! Every woman that has been a part of L.O.L rather they were singers, rappers, poets, designers and dancers. I appreciate you all for your contrubution and support. To the "Land Of the Lost" the male version for holdin us down (yall got next) My family for the support when the sessions and nights I was away got longer. To the OHHA for allowing us to perform this year. To Rebel Army Radio for playing our music. To the owner of the Sea Level Lounge for giving us a "home club" To every one who has supported us by listening to our music and comin to the shows. Last but not least to my sisters Mz Crazy Tee, Ms Moone and Neshia Nee for being there when I wanted to quit.For always encouraging me and being my shoulder when my days got hard. (yeah gangstas cry too lol) You all have been my back bone and I love and Appreciate you all for it. If any female artist would like to be involved please contact us!

SMM: If someone wants to Book Ladies of the Land for a Show, how do they do so?

by email chevy70216@yahoo.com
also check out my web pages
www.myspace.com/chevyblue70216
www.myspace.com/ladiesoftheland216
www.twitter.com/chevyblue
www.twitter.com/lolohio

http://starmusicmedia.com/files/SoFly_LOL.mp3

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice interview! Chevy Blue and L.O.L
Keep doing ya'll thing. Good muisc is
Hard to find as well as real mc's. This
Is Data from IKONS Magazine and IKONSOnline.com showing
Our love and support to the future femcees
Of the world.

Team IKONS