Future Exclusive Interview


Looking into the "Future" of 2010 and beyond to 2011, music seems to be reaching boundries further than Russell Simmons probably would have never expected. With recent domination, from the Hip Hop Charts, it seems that a recent assurtion from east coast hip hop and its new age acts from Maino, Red Cafe, & Uncle Murda. Lets see what we can find out about the "FUTURE"

SMM: Whats the music scene like in Palm Beach Florida?
Future: Well it's not as competitive as it is in NYC, but it's still a lot of talent regardless. I respect what the Indie artists are doing down there because they cater to South Florida listener's more based on what they're spitting. It's a lot of people trying to get on and it's probably a little easier to build a fan base because people support unity down there, in NYC it's every man for themselves.

SMM: What made you pursue your music career?
Future: Well obviously my love for music. I was also always a person that liked to go against the grain and do things different. I always liked when people told me I couldn't do something growing up, it was always satisfying to prove them wrong. I also genuinely believed at a young age that this could be my way to change and contribute to the world, because my dream is to one day do a lot for charity.

SMM: How was the transition to the New York rap scene from the Florida music scene?
Future: Like I stated before. Florida is more united then New York will ever be. The cost of living is much higher here, so everyone is trying to get it by any means necessary no matter what your occupation is. In NYC you're not going to find a handout, you have to work hard earn your stripes which may mean walking down the wrong path for some people. For people like me it means staying true to myself.

SMM: What was the first rap you wrote and where were you?
Future: Ha. To be honest I don't even remember but I think it was something dirty because my father used to find them and tear them up. He never like me talking about bitches and hoes and what I would do to them. I'm glad he tore them up because I wouldn't be the caliber of artist I am today.

SMM: What was the concept behind the Bars for Days video?
Future: Well that song was a sort of cypher song that my partner Jerry Wess put together with 4 rappers from Brooklyn including myself. We linked up about a month ago and started this group called "Futuristic Lingo" and have been jumping on each other's tracks ever since. "Bar's For Day's" represents the struggle,passion, skill that it takes to be an MC and that we'll never stop rhyming because we have so much to say through music.

SMM: Being started at such a young age, whats the best thing that you have learned so far?
Future: I've learned how to network which is one of the key things that has helped me do so many things on my own. I've managed myself basically and have learned how to be an artist as well as politic with people to get certain things done. As far as the industry, only the strong survive. Talent is one thing, but in today's era you need that extra lingo.

SMM: How was your experience meeting Lenny S of Def Jam and Rockme TV?
Future: It was good, Lenny's a real down to earth cat. I walked in the spot before he even knew I rhymed and he saw these Kamikazee Supras I had on. He literally interrupted the show to point at my sneaker and as me if I'm an artist. At the time I had just put together a little demo cd so I told him yea and gave it to him. He seems very realistic and it seems like he's one of the very few people in the industry that still have a passion for music.

SMM: Who are your top 5 artist of all time?
Future: Jay-z, 50 Cent, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Nas

SMM: Who are some of the producers that you work with?
Future: I've worked with Trusoul, Jpatt, TEP, THE WATCHERZ, PREP E, TRAKGIRL and Puma from France.

SMM: What is the best way to describe your style?
Future: I saw a graffiti mural in Brooklyn that said "The Best way to see the Future, is to create it". Thats what I'm doing now. I hate when people ask what my style is. My style is "Futuristic Lingo". Google that!

SMM: How do you balance the down south home roots and east coast foundation?
Future: Pretty well actually. Most people are digging the south anyway at the moment because they're making all the money in Hip-Hop and R&B. I love being the alien in the room most of the time, that can say "I'm not from NYC".

SMM: The single Love in the Sky, Describe the creative process in making that?
Future: Well I had my producer TRAKGIRL whip up the magic in the studio, and send it over to me via email. The name of the beat was called Love in the sky and I immediately thought of my boy TPLEZYA to do the hook. He did it within a couple hours and send it back. Then I just went in on the verses after that. Inspiration comes from wanting a higher love, unconditional love which is something you don't find these days.

SMM: What are your plans for 2010?
Future: "FUTURISTIC LINGO" project drops in january. This is the collaboration between me and Jerry Wess produced by PREP E and the Watcherz. Dj Four Five is hosting. This is something so unique that you can't miss it. After that drops, I'll be able to clearly see the future.

SMM: Any last minute shoutouts or mentions?
Future: SHOUTOUT TO MARI AT INSIGHT PROMOS, PREP E, WATCHERZ (MY PRODUCERS), AND MY FATHER FOR BEING THAT PUSH BEHIND ME.

SMM: If someone wants to book you or feature you on a song, how do they do so?
Future: Hit up BRIAN FLOYDA 973-420-3372 or 347-465-0604 therealfuture@gmail.com





Comments

Anonymous said…
FUTURE IS NXT TO BLOWWWWWWWWWWW! KEEP DOING YA THING MY DUDE...YOU DEFINITELY GOT MY SUPPORT!