AJ: In A Groove with R&B Exclusive Interview

AJ: In A Groove with R&B
written by Quincy Taylor
StarmusicMedia: How long have you been singing?
AJ: At least 13 years, started when I was 10 years old

Starmusic Media: What was your early influences to pursue a singing career while everyone raps?
AJ: I've always loved to sing, melodies and harmonies do something to me! Growing up listening to artists such as Boys 2 Men and Brian Mcknightsealed it for me! Also wanted to be different and go on my own path instead of rapping like everyone else

Starmusic Media: What was your first performance and where?
AJ: Elementary school I sang I believe I can fly in front of the whole school (paul laurence dunbar elementary). Was scary but I got the viggest thrill/rush from it and from there I was In Love!

Starmusic Media: How would you describe your music style for our readers?
AJ: I'm a lyrical r&b singer! I love to make music with meaning and also pack it with word play that would blow your mind on top of the fact that I was really blessed with a great voice... Guaranteed Satisfaction to your ears

Starmusic Media: Just Feelin It the single, how did you come up with the concept for it?
AJ: Love Is A Serious Topic and when u really get to experience it, its a feeling u can't imagine! A feeling u never felt before! Supercalifragilistepialedocious so to speak, lol... That's how I came up with the concept.

Starmusic Media: On the Feelin It single you used a different style, what was your ideas for that?
AJ: Besides just r&b I grew up on rap too and my style has a hip hop feel to it! I like to mix the two so it could appeal to both listening ears, and it has been successful thus far...

Starmusic Media: What was the feeling like, singing in front of 20,000 people?
AJ: Amazing, A Blessing, An Experience! I love performing it whether its 1 person or a million! Seeing the response I get on stage motivates me to deliver more! I love my fans/supporters!

Starmusic Media: I read some things with your on 106th & Park, how did that come about?
AJ: I recorded a song with 1Trigga (local rapper) and they called me one day and said "we have an audition for 106 and Park). I thought they were joking but a month later we auditioned, made it, went back and Won! It was quite an eperience

Starmusic Media: What was your fan response after being seen on such a big television show?
AJ: My fan base grew, my existing fans were proud (couldn't do it without them) and every1 showed major love and I appreciate it, remain humble, and keep going!!!

Starmusic Media: Who are your top 5 artist of all time?
AJ: Brian Mcknight, R. Kelly, Boys 2 men, Biggie, Lil Wayne

Starmusic Media: I see you do some track references, some of the biggest stars today started that way,
has anyone of your references made it to be placed?
AJ: We are waiting on a few big placements as we speak, nothing has been placed with any major artists yet... Landed Some with a few Independent Artists such as Red Eyes, Wacko, Hatian Fresh, etc...

Starmusic Media: What do you have planned for 2010?
AJ: Progress! I plan to progress everyday so I continue to look for open doors, opportunities, and blessings and continue to grow and satisfy my fans/supporters! I know my dream will come true that way...

Starmusic Media: What are some of the concepts you are building your music around?
AJ: I like to write about real life situations. Stuff people can really relate to. Love, Sex, Heartbreak, Saving relationships, history, motivation/inspiration, partying, God, Struggles, life, and the list never stops.... Everyday I think of new concepts and create new music

Starmusic Media: Who are some of the producers that you are working with?
AJ: Phat Boy Beats, Cp Hollywood, Gorilla Tek, Lostman, C Mal, Supa(GMASH) and many more...

Starmusic Media: If Someone wants to book you for a show or feature, how do they do so?
AJ: Many Ways! Contact My Manager (Swag) at 561-603-2353, email us at rnbgeneral@gmail.com
Twitter.com/ajrnbgeneral
Facebook.com/rnbgeneral
Myspace.com/aj1musik

Starmusic Media: Any last words or shout outs?
AJ: Special Shout Outs To Everyone That Supports Me! I Do This For You! 106 and Park Again (Solo) January 27th, Please Watch And Vote!

Comments