@Skylar_Blaze & @HiiiReynolds Interview

I have been connected with Reynolds and Skylar for the last couple of years and have seen their music grow and it only seemed right to do my interview on these two before their "SkyHiii" EP drops and as my first interview on StarMusicMedia!  

Q1- where did you guys get you inspiration to start doing music?
@HiiiReynolds - I got my inspiration from everyday life.
My own personal problems caused me to start writing and venting through music.
@Skylar_Blaze-I originally got my inspiration by just wanting to love a good life & as a kid I knew that this was a way out of the struggle, but as time progressed & I got deeper into music, my inspirations vary from, struggling, all the doubt from people, but the thing that keeps me going, is knowing that I have a family/squad behind my every step

Q2- Biggest problem in Chicago in your opinion?
SkylarBlaze
@HiiiReynolds-  The biggest problem in Chicago is the mindset people have.
@Skylar_Blaze-  I'd have to agree with HiiiReynolds, it's definitely the mindset of people,
 but I'm no one to judge, i don't live the life that they do, ya know ?

Q3- dream Collabs?
@HiiiReynolds- I would love to work with G-Eazy and Wiz Khalifa.
@Skylar_Blaze- I would love to work with SchoolBoy Q & Snoop to be honest, I admire school boys grind, like he really came from nothing,
 so I definitely respect that, & I chose snoop because that's the OG yo, can't forget about what got music to where it's at today!


Q4- how do you guys think your music is going at the moment, good and bad things happening with your music?
@HiiiReynolds-My music is going well at the moment. I have been working on two mixtapes as well as dropping videos every Friday.
@Skylar_Blaze-  music is going great production & quality wise, sometimes we'll butt heads on some decisions but that's life, you're not always supposed to agree but as long as we can compromise everything is all good, plus music is still getting dropped, all is good on this side of the earth

Q5- Opinions on the this years XXL freshmen list?
@HiiiReynolds- It was a decent year for the XXL Freshman list. I know a few artists that shouldve been on the list but thats how the game goes.
@Skylar_Blaze-  I can't complain about the list, but like Reynolds said, there's a few artists that should've made it, but just didn't make the cut!

Q6- have you guys gotten any offers for signing to a label? (major or small time)
@HiiiReynolds-I have not gotten any offers from any labels.
@Skylar_Blaze- I haven't gotten any offers from labels, & that's not really the goal with my music,
my goal is to emit good vibes to the fans & to the world & to just give them an insight on my life!

Q7- Rappers buzzing in the streets of chicago that are comin up?
@HiiiReynolds- My regime.
@Skylar_Blaze- my mans F5Chicago Is On The Rise yo, that man is gonna do numbers once he hits the spotlight, but that goes for all of us!

Q8- is SkyHiii just a skylar blaze mixtape or is it a collab mixtape between the two of you?
@HiiiReynolds-SkyHiii is a collab mixtape Skylar Blaze and I thought of a few months back.
@Skylar_Blaze-SkyHiii Is a Collab Tape With Myself & HiiiReynolds, It's Jam-packed with good music & good vibes, every lyric, every word, that I wrote for that tape is some of the realest lyrics I've EVER written in my 16 years of life

Q9- any features on the mixtape? F5 or any other artists you guys rock with?
@HiiiReynolds-There may be a few artists on the tap but nothing set in stone yet.
@Skylar_Blaze- it's a possibility that there may be a few features but for right now, me & Hiiireynolds are focused on us,we'll worry about other people on the tape when our work is finished

HiiiReynold
Q10- This ones for skylar, in the "meet skylar blaze" video you talked about raising your self for the most part, wanna shine light on how that was like,? (pros and cons)
  @Skylar_Blaze- well, it was good because me & my nana ( Grandma) are really really close,
 I was always at her house because I didn't like how my mom was more focused on her husband at the time than her own son, so I was just always with my nana, reality really smacked me in the face at a real young age, but I was ready for it, so I'm thankful for that, cause if reality wouldn't have hit me when I was young,
id probably be dead or in a juvenile detention center right now...But the bad part about  raising myself is, my mom & I can't even hold a conversation without going at each other's necks, we're so disconnected from each other it blows my mind, but i don't let it get it to me, I got music to make.

Q11- for Reynolds, you have made it clear you live in the suburbs of chicago, have you delt with any of the situations that have been going on in the city?
@HiiiReynolds-I havent dealt with any Gang related issues out here in the suburbs.
But I go through bad situations like every other person. It isnt strictly in the city of Chicago.

SkylarBlaze
Q12- you guys hold your "SkyHiii fridays" will those still go one after you drop the "SkyHiii" Mixtape?
@HiiiReynolds- As of right now we plan to keep the videos going until we officially release the SkyHiii EP.
 Once it is dropped, we will move on to the next idea and keep it movin.
@Skylar_Blaze-yea like Hiiireynolds said, once SkyHiii is done & over with were gonna move on to the next idea & have something better than SkyHiii

Q13-what do you think sets you apart from other rappers coming up in chicago?
@HiiiReynolds- My mindset towards music and the reasons
why I do music are two things that definatley separate me from other artists.
@Skylar_Blaze- I believe that My mind is just more elevated than others, like I don't do music to buy belts or to flex, I'm doing this feed my family, to make sure my kids can get whatever they want whenever they want,I want an empire to call my own, not just a Bugatti in my drive way, mind set,
 my content, & my goals are what set me apart from other people,
 not just chicago artists!

Q14- do you guys think you are better lyrically and just in general then any rappers that have blown up the past couple years?
@HiiiReynolds-I think my team is very talented
and can compete with artists who are in the game already.
@Skylar_Blaze- I don't like to use the term "better than" because I'm sure some of these rappers who are coming up or who came up,
 have the capability of being a better rapper, but whether they choose to use it or not is up to them.
I got my mentors who give me advice on how to go about certain things ya know, & I also have really good influences,  so it's not that I'm better than anybody,
 it's just that i push myself to certain points that others don't  &
 I'm influenced in certain ways that others aren't, I'm just making my art & releasing it  to the world.

@HiiiReynolds-. I dont think that there is a face of Chicago. Every artist has their own style and movement
. I dont think you can classify a single artist as the "Face Of Chicago"
@Skylar_Blaze- I don't really think that you can be a face of anything, you can HOLD IT DOWN FOR YOUR CITY but you can't be the face of anything,
 because there's young niggas just like me that are coming for that throne in not only Chicago but all over the world, being the face of something is only temporary.
 I'm trying to build a legacy over here, not be the face of anything

Q16- Any Shows or upcoming events?
@hiiiReynolds- We are currently working on getting on shows this summer. Stay tuned.
@Skylar_Blaze- we're working on getting shows & booking events,
 should be live as hell if everything goes as planned, but nothing is set in stone yet
HiiiReynolds

Q17- What can fans look forward to comin summer of 2014?
@HiiiReynolds-. Two mixtapes that I am apart of (One solo, One with Skylar Blaze). More videos and more great music.
@Skylar_Blaze- 17  well of course we got the SkyHiii EP dropping in the summer, & I'm also gonna start working on a solo LP, then after that It's time to work on my first mixtape, I wanna make sure my craft is perfected before i release a mixtape so that's why I'm doing an LP before my mixtape

Q18- anything yall wanna say before we get outa here?
@HiiiReynolds-  Thank you for you're time. Stay tuned with the regime for more good music!
@Skylar_Blaze-Thanks For Having Me, appreciate your time, I wanna give a big thanks to the fans for always staying true & showing us love, SkyHiii EP Coming Soon.

Interview By Remy jordan
Remy@starmusicmedia.com
Twitter: @Remy_jordan
instagram: @Remy1449
HiiiReynolds
:Twitter: @HiiiReynolds
Instagram: @HiiiReynolds
Skylar Blaze
Twitter: @Skylar_Blaze
Instagram: Skylar_Blaze16
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/skylar-blaze
Youtube: youtube.com/SkylarBlazeTV

Comments