Interview: Solidbuzz.com Sits Down With Quincy Of ITW Marketing



(Solid Buzz)So Quincy or is it Big Heff? What you been up to lately?

(Quincy) What's up Solid Buzz, well first off Big Heff is the chill out having a good time name and Quincy is the businessman name, but Quincy Taylor has been working hard branching out and continued to develop the Ohio Hip Hop Awards with my partners. For the 5 year Anniversary, Maintain being Label Support for E1(Koch Support), & being a apart of Owners Illustrated Magazine & Hustlenomics DVD. Big Heff is working hard too Just dropped a CD with my homie DJ G Spot for Cy Harp, & working on a new Bone Thugs & Harmony CD with my Guy DJ Ice-this will be our 3rd one to prepare for the new Bone Release. Shout out to ESPN also

(Solid Buzz) Throughout your years grinding and making a name for yourself what do you consider your major accomplishments?

(Quincy) Well I really don't like doing interviews as you know, but highlights , ummmm being event coordinator on the D12 World Tour, being apart of the Anger Management Tour with Em, 50, Lil Jon, & being apart of the Roc Da Mic tour with 50, Jay Z, & Snoop, other then that Being apart of the Jim Jones & BG solo artist climb, Regional coordinator for 4 successful EA Sports John Madden campaigns, & developing a marketplace for Jump Mobile of Cricket Communications. Personal accomplishments The Ohio Hip Hop Awards & seeing the success of the Houston scene going National with Slim Thug, Mike Jones, Paul Wall, & Chamillionaire (appreciate them early talks homie). Hmm, I could go on but thanks to my Nublud fam, Dee from E1(Koch), Kaspa, Derrick Traylor, Michael Monestime, Whoo Kid, Tone Capone, & Dj Spot for giving me opportunities through the years.

(Solid Buzz) How long have you been a urban marketing consultant/club promoter/making artists famous?

(Quincy) Hmm, seriously I'm relatively new to the game, I've been doing this since 01 and professionally since 03. All in all its been a good run. "Interesting" as DJ G Spot & Mick Boogie use to say.

(Solid Buzz) Did you go through any schooling to help you get where you are today?

(Quincy) No I've never went to school for it, but until recently I thought about going to school for it, kind of backwards but I've been mentored by some good people and I've always been able to produce great results anywhere from doing a T Mobile Sidekick Campaign to doing a Statewide Young Democrats Campaign for Voters, by the way " Yes We Can".

(Solid Buzz) How can you find time to help promote, run a marketing company, website, and magazine?

(Quincy) Time is of the essence, and I want to be committed with everything my team is apart of, I like being surrounded by motivated people, hungry people, that are being determined for success. So making time for each project, dedicate time & hours for each project, and being around a good team is very important.

(Solid Buzz) What is a good way for artists to approach someone like you if they need tips on the music industry?

(Quincy) Personally me, I'm really approachable, I'm always out but if not trough any social network or if I'm in your city just hit me up heff@starmusicmedia.com. I like meeting new talent, like developing some new artist, & creating new situations, I do a monthly showcase "The Underground Show" just to see more talent. Www.myspace.com/theundergroundshow216

(Solid Buzz) At the end of the day what makes you enjoy helping others succeed in this crazy industry?

(Quincy) I believe in helping others when it comes down to it, someone helped me and gave me an opportunity so its only right to pass that opportunity to others to go on & be successful through there artistry, djism, athletic career, and entertainment career.

(Solid Buzz) Tell us something crazy you have experience in this business.

(Quincy) Well something crazy is seeing & talking to artist like 50Cent, Chamillionaire, Mike Jones, Jim Jones, & Slim Thug go from being mix tape artist to National Artists on there 3rd & 4th albums, could be anyone next, other story would being seeing artist with no guidance make bad decisions and sign horrible deals when they haven't developed a brand, others stories are x rated tour road stories.

(Solid Buzz) Who are your favorite artists to listen to currently?

(Quincy) Currently I'm listening to my old team, Eminem, 50cent, Jadakiss, Sheek, & Lil Wayne and some new guys Drake, Wale, Kid Cudi, Willie the Kid, Maino, Rich Boy, Slaughterhouse, and my homie Cory Gunz, Then my next to blow picks, Five, Young Dunny, Cy Harp, Jay Rock, Shire', Kenny Ali, R.O.B., Skent Dukes, CJ, Cali Miles, Twizted Mindz, Chip Tha Ripper, and I like Cuntry from Toledo. That's what's gets Played in the Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones(sorry had to plug something)

(Solid Buzz) I have to ask where do you think the "Music Industry" is headed as a whole?

(Quincy) The Music Industry is changing everyday as we speak, but I like the freedom that the internet is giving it. The traditional way has changed but its still a money making mother, a lot is going towards multi-media.

(Solid Buzz) Finally, where can everyone find out more about you and what you have coming in the future?

(Quincy) About me, you can always check for me on www.twitter.com/bigheff or www.starmusicmedia.com
Or follow the artists I mentioned above in there careers your bound to see me , I appreciate the interview from solid buzz, I've been through a lot in this short 7yrs but one of the biggest things I've learned is to have good relationships and to treat people equal. I still appreciate music for all the opportunities its provided for me, from the meetings, to the board rooms, to seeing the world, and having a good team.

Shout out to Quincy and ITW Marketing for the great interview!

Comments