J. HARDEN: THE KING OF HOOD AND BLUES

J. HARDEN: THE KING OF HOOD AND BLUES

By: Quincy Taylor

With a sound that is uniquely his own, J. Harden is the original “King of Hood and Blues.”As one of the hardest working independents out of Atlanta, he is more than your typical artist. Blessed with a grinding spirit, the ability to showcase his pure talent effectively, and his own genre that he refers to as Hood and Blues, he is more than artist to watch. He’s someone to get familiar with.

Starmusicmedia.com: You’ve been making a lot of noise with your hit single, “Work Dat Pole,” what inspired you to make that your single? J. Harden: I saw the Oprah Winfrey show and she was talking about pole dancing and lets not forget the A is the pole dance capital of the world strip clubs to lol.

Starmusicmedia.com: When did you first realize you had a talent for music? And what made you want to take it to the next level and actually get into the business.
J. Harden: A couple of years ago I saw that my sis was singing and I gave it a shot plus coming from the struggle I saw it as a way out of the struggle. After wining my first 50 showcases that’s when I realized that I wanted to do this for real so I strapped down and got to it.

Starmusicmedia.com: You have coined the phrase Hood and Blues as a way to define your sound? How would you describe that style and why? Is this what makes you feel like you can bring something new to the table as an artist?
J. Harden: Hood is where I’m from and it is in my spirit blues is the story that is told from the hood whether it be about sex, overcoming struggle, women, governmental issues are anything dealing with the hood. The hoods play a big part in the world; the hoods are the biggest consumers in the world without the hood the world would not turn. Blues is story-telling music about real life situations. I am not a normal artist I am 6'6 and I sing and rap. R&B is the norm so I am not in that box. I am a high-energy performer. I have done shows with India Arie & and I have done shows with Shawty Lo and Gucci Mane. My music breaks all barriers HOOD & BLUES. The new sound of music. From 8 to 80 from the Bankhead to Buckhead. From Hollywood Road to Hollywood. From Milledgeville to Mexico. From the strip club to the sanctuary HOOD & BLUES is real life raw and uncut

Starmusicmedia.com: What are you working on now and when can fans expect to hear more from you?
J. Harden: WORK DAT POLE POLE POLE. Hopefully I will be impacting radio soon. I am working on the king Of HOOD & BLUES street album with ft like Trick Daddy, Jadakiss, Slick Pulla, Trae The Truth, and Bushwick Bill. Yeah, Bushwick Bill came out of retirement for ya boy, Lil Hot, Mr. Raw and a lot of fire tracks.

Starmusicmedia.com: How can fans keep up with your or find out more about your movement?
J. Harden: http://www.jharden.me/

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjI2c30sUKk

Work Dat Pole Link: http://usershare.net/8lvitpyeqt79

Comments