Top 10 New/Upcoming Artist from Cleveland by Blair Watson

Photobucket 
  Top 10 New/Upcoming artists from Cleveland by Blair Watson Photobucket 

  1. Kipp Stone -I stumbled across a Kipp freestyle on the soundcloud of Dj Touch Money and I have been hooked ever since. Kipp has a style that reminds me of one of my favorite artist Kid Cudi, his lyrics flow so well together and the punch lines are unbelievable. I am following Kipp on social networks and vlogs for any leaks off of his upcoming project, titled Cleverland releasing in 2013. 
  2. Snoopy Symone -I heard Snoopy Symone for the first time 01/01/12. She is a female artist with no limits. Snoopy is not the average female artist her music portrays exactly who she is in person, in other words her lyrics are very “Raw.” Snoopy released her first mixtape this year 12/12/12 titled Behind the Scenes hosted by Dj Candi Fresca. The project is a story of the struggles she has gone through thus far, these two ladies came together and create a project that anyone could listen to from beginning to end. 
  3. Lorine Chia- Lorine’s voice is absolutely breathtaking! Her album titled Lorine was released this year and it was not what I was expecting, it was all I imagined and more. Her mellow sound allows you to vibe out to every track. She has brought a new sound to Cleveland, something different! 
  4. Shag Diggler - This is an artist who has really taken me by surprise. I’ve only heard a few tracks from him at this time but I am confident that his talent will take him very far. Diggler’s style is not like any other artist from Cleveland, he is something that this city needs for all the people who claim that are music lovers this is a real Hip Hop artist. His play on words is incredible and leaving you hanging on to his every word. Unfortunately at this time I haven’t heard any details about a future project but im crossing my fingers. Photobucket 
5. EriQ LaRon - Eriq is an artist I had the pleasure of meeting this year, after I came across his single “Hungry Dog” being promoted on social networks. This was a song that was stuck in my head for days because the concept was so great. It left me with a feeling that this kid has so much talent to be shared with the city; his young free spirited personality puts him in his own category as a new artist. I’ve heard Eriq on a few different projects and I am excited for what he been working on which will be released in early 2013. 
6. Rob Castro - I don’t have much to say about Rob Castro except for he is going to be an artist that sneaks up on everyone in this City. I heard a track that he did titled “Wrong Decisions.” It was all I needed to hear from him to become a fan. Rob is a lyricist and it is hard to find a real lyricist these days. Looking forward to see what he has up his sleeve 
7. Paper Paulk - This artist is one that has a lot of knowledge under his belt he doesn’t just rap he tells stories and that is something I can appreciate from an artist. Paulk is releasing a project titled “StreetDreaming” in 2013 hosted by Dj Knyce. If you know Djknyce you know that he only works with the best and I can vouch that. This artist is very talented and has something to prove. If you are not familiar with Paper Paulk you will be in the very near future. His presence will be known because his music demands attention! 
  Photobucket 
 8. Ripp Flamez- Ripp released his project “No Sleep” this year and I think he shocked me and many others. This project was so well put together you can tell that he really poured his heart into it. Ripp has also created a genre of his own as far as what people expect out of Cleveland artist. He has stepped outside of the box his songs do not consist of the usual drinking, smoking and partying it goes much further than that. Photobucket
9. Lil Ezzy- I have to put lil Ezzy on my list of new artist because at such a young age, he is already dedicated to perfecting his craft. I can appreciate the fact that his music pertains to his age group and is not beyond his years. Being a part of a group like Legit Paper his surround other artist that can potentially help him grow and show him the ropes of the music game. I am excited to see what the future has in store for Ezzy 
  10. Tezo – Some may disagree with me for choosing Tezo as one of the new artist in Cleveland. He has released multiple projects and is very well know but has not received the credit that he deserves in my opinion. I first heard of Tezo when I saw him and his Nvrch family performing at the Agora. I was intrigued by his new sound and the energy of his crew. Tezo is a very talented, ive had the opportunity to watch him grow as an artist. Ive watched him rock many stages in Cleveland. I know that with his drive and great work ethic his talent is limitless. His most recent project “WORK” hosted by two great djs: StephFloss and EV was my personal favorite from Tezo. This project is a real showcase of how far he has come, I can listen to it the tape from the first track to the last. -The artist I pick are in no particular order, I have faith in each and every one of them! I am extremely excited to see what future has in store for the upcoming artist. This is the Top 10 Upcoming perspective from Blair follow her on twitter @bee_therealme

Comments