FEATURE OF THE WEEK: THE REAL KPT

 photo kptbluejacket.jpg

StarMusicMedia Artist Feature: Who Is The Real KPT? written by Steel City Queen 
SteelCity Queen: When did you first know you wanted to be an artist?
KPT: When I first grabbed the microphone at the end of our choir concert and started freestyling with Draft P1ck.
SteelCity Queen: How did you come up with the name KPT and what does it stand for?
KPT: Everyone always said as a child I was very wild and different, more like corrupt. So I just took the word and shortened it down to KPT. It means kurrupt... A takeover.
SteelCity Queen: How would you describe your sound?
KPT: I'm very diverse. I like to make music over any type of beat so I have a sound that's very different from others.
 photo kptchflix.jpg
 
SteelCity Queen: How old were you when you founded F.A.M. Ent.?
KPT: I was about 21 when I found it.
SteelCity Queen: What exactly is F.A.M. Ent. all about?
KPT: F.A.M. Ent. is all about giving independent artists with little to no budget a chance of marketing themselves with people that have a larger upscale budget.
SteelCity Queen: Where does your inspiration come from?
KPT: My inspiration comes from my parents. They have always worked hard no matter what the task was so I tend to pick up on that and work my *** off on everything.
SteelCity Queen: You've worked with many artists. Who would you say motivated you the most?
KPT: Layzie Bone motivated me the most. He was the most real and outgoing to me I believe. He told me stories about Eazy E, Tupac, and Biggie and it was so surreal. I still look at the video footage from that day and use it as inspiration.
 photo kptspitt.jpg
SteelCity Queen: What track would you say is your biggest accomplishment?
KPT: My biggest accomplishment is the track I did with Snoop Dogg called "Gettin' My Dough".
SteelCity Queen: When you're not making your own music, who are you listening to?
KPT: I'm usually listening to Punjabi music or just any type of hip hop or RNB.
SteelCity Queen: As far as your own music, do you prefer originality over conformity?
KPT: I'd rather be more original and use real drums, strings, guitars rather than the over played computer generated sounds.
 photo kptdraftohha.jpg
SteelCity Queen: What is the biggest struggle as an up coming artist?
KPT: Haters. Nobody really supports the up coming artist until they are literally on that brink of signing a deal.
SteelCity Queen: If you wasn't making music, what would you be doing?
KPT: I would still be going to school for international business.
SteelCity Queen: In your eyes, how is the music scene at the moment?
KPT: The music scene right now in Cleveland is garbage. People are just putting out music to release it and having no real lyrics or amusement behind it.
SteelCity Queen: When can we see your debut solo project?
KPT: Late 3rd quarter is when the album drops.
SteelCity Queen: How can you be contacted?
KPT: @RealKPT is my contact for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, and SnapChat.
 photo PlatinumKushartwork.jpg

Comments