BIG HEFF INTERVIEW WITH MONET

 BIG HEFF INTERVIEW WITH MONET

BIG HEFF: WHERE ARE YOU FROM AND HOW DID YOU GET YOUR START IN MODELING?
MONET:
I’m from Cleveland, Ohio. Born and raised.
I’ve always had the passion to model and have always been asked if I was a model, which gave me more of a reason to begin modeling a little over a year ago. My first encounter with modeling was when I met a photographer in Miami by the name of Nicki Monty. She and I worked on photo shoots to market her photography. And it took off from there.


BIG HEFF: HOW HAS MUSIC INFLUENCED YOUR LIFE?
MONET: music has allowed me to express myself as a very unique individual. Especially when you can relate to a particular song, feeling like “dang do they know me personally?” lol. It gets me through a lot, such as, waking up in the morning, calming my nerves, keeping me sane, and my favorite, getting dressed to go out with the girls. You know dancing in the mirror and admiring yourself. Similar to being on the runway when you’re walking and feeling like you are the shit lol and letting others admire you at the same time. It makes you feel great, pure fun.

BIG HEFF: WHO ARE YOUR TOP 5 ARTIST OF ALL TIME?
MONET: I would have to say Rhianna, J.Cole, Jeezy, Jay-z and Eminem.

BIG HEFF: GOING FURTHER INTO MUSIC, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FIVE SONGS ?
MONET: Well I really love J.cole’s new album so I would have to say, one of my favorites is “She Knows “, others ummm….  Love this shit –Augusta alsina, Holy Grail –JayZ, Cheers- Rhianna, Tonight-Jeezy. There are others but I could listen to these nonstop...lol


BIG HEFF: WITH ALL THE EXPOSURE THAT MODELING BRINGS, WHAT DOES MONET
HAVE COMING UP FOR 2013?
MONET: With the four months I have left with 2013...hehe I have lots planned. Some fashion shows that I will be doing include Cleveland’s Great Lakes Fashion show next month on the 28th and 29th. It’s a bridal and couture show that I’m very excited about. There is the smooth cool and jazzy show that takes place in Cleveland as well. This event focuses on education for children in the CMS district and proceeds go towards the children continuing their education and going to college. Specifically HBCU’s. I also have a couple urban and fashion photo shoots coming up as well as a calendar shoot and beach shoot with a local photographer here in Cleveland. And hoping to participate in this year’s Ohio Hip-hop Awards. So yes I’m excited with the things 2013 has to end with and I plan on going out with a BANG!!!

BIG HEFF: WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO ASPIRING MODELS TRYING TO GET
INTO THE BUSINESS?
MONET: Know that the business requires tough skin and isn’t always about a pretty face. Go hard or Go home!!!
BIG HEFF: HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
MONET: I do a variety of charity events, from fashion shows to tutoring at local schools. As well as supporting and participating in local events for the homeless and less fortunate.
           
BIG HEFF: HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN TELEVISION OR FILM?
MONET: No, but I would love to.

BIG HEFF: WHATS YOUR NATIONALITY FOR OUR READERS?
MONET: African American

BIG HEFF: WHAT ARE SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS OF YOUR MODELING CAREER?
MONET: As of right now the highlight of my career is the spread for Donnard’s clothing and being featured on their website!

BIG HEFF: WITH BODY ART BECOMING A GROWING FORM OF EXPRESSION, WHAT
DOES YOUR BODY ART MEAN TO YOU?
MONET:  it’s a way to express myself physically, mentally, and emotionally. Mentally because I wouldn’t change the type of piercings/tattoos I have, I dare to be different. Emotionally because I have body art that represents those I love whom I have lost and physically well….. Let’s just keep it PG!

BIG HEFF: WHAT ARE YOUR MEASUREMENTS?
MONET: 5’6…. 32-24-33

BIG HEFF: CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DATE?
MONET:  my perfect date is when a man calls and says get dressed I’m taking you out, don’t worry about anything just be beautiful when I get there. When he arrives he opens up my car door and has roses waiting. We start off our evening with something adventurous like go kart racing or parasailing. And then we arrive at an offset location where the view is overlooking the city. A chef greets us with dinner and wine. The night ends with me in his arms telling jokes.

BIG HEFF: WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT YOU LOOK FOR IN A MAN?
MONET:  ambitious with a sense of humor and a great smile. You know someone who can please tease and make his G’s.

BIG HEFF: IF SOMEONE WANTED TO GET IN CONTACT FOR WITH YOU, PLEASE
LIST YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA AND BOOKING INFO?
MONET:  Instagram: @ luxurious_monet; Instagram (modeling page): i_love_lala: Twitter: @luxurious_monet; ask.fm: luxurious_monet

And booking at ldevese08@yahoo.com

BIG HEFF: ANY LAST WORDS OR SHOUT OUTS?
MONET:  I would like to thank all of my supporters especially my mother and bestfriends Erica and Steph. Make sure you guys follow me and continue supporting. Contact me for promotional work, shoots, runway and hosting! And don’t forget to look out for me on the big screen in due time. Big Thanks to you for this amazing opportunity Heff! Much love. Peace love and makeup, I’m out! Muah

BIO:  Real name is LaShanita Monet DeVese; known as Monet or “lala”. 23yr old graduate of Case Western Reserve with a bachelors in nursing (RN) and currently loves being a model! She is Very spontaneous, adventurous and outgoing.

Comments